Monday, October 19, 2009

Peggy's Cove and Kejimkulik

Well this isn't exactly a realtime blog, but I did need time to catch up and review the images. My laptop seems to have slowed considerably; I can't believe that used to be my main computer.




Peggy's Cove wasn't really what I expected. Although it is a real working fishing village, it seemed in some ways to dominated by the tourists. I will know for next time (if there should be another opportunity) that I need to get there at around dawn to photograph the lighthouse without tourists. Nevertheless there were still some opportunities. It did have the typical fog.





Although one of the main reasons for going to Nova Scotia was to photography the fishing villages, I did less of that than I anticipated. Although it was a bit out of the way, "Ovens" a private park with a series of sea caves south of Lunenberg was a real experience, especially when those breakers came pounding into the cave, up over my feet, with a tremendous roar, and enough power to literally shake the walls. This cave narrows to a throat, and when the timing is such that the water coming out meets the water going in, the noise and power are incredible.







Kejimkulik Seaside adjunct, although it required a moderate walk was definitely worth the time, especially if you get there early. The access road also had some very nice possibilities. It was overall very peaceful and calm.















No comments: